You are currently on the following page:
Vollzugseinrichtungen Zürich - VEZ (Mandate of the Penal Institutions of the Canton of Zurich)
- Prison sentence due to court sentences
- Indefinite incarcerations (in the framework of an early beginning of indefinite incarcerations
- Alternative custodial sentences due to failure to pay monetary penalties or fines
- Detention under the law on foreign nationals (preparatory detention, detention pending deportation and coercive detention)
- Accommodation, supervision, catering and assistance of the detainees according to the principles of Art. 74 ff. SCC (German)
- Health care for detainees
- Employment or vocational education and training of detainees
- The primary goal in terms of the enforcement of prison sentences lies in the prevention of repeat offending, i.e. it focuses in particular on the protection of potential victims.
- The goal of the implementation of forms of detention under the law on foreign nationals is to safeguard the Offices for Foreigners' expulsion and removal orders.
- Management of the VEZ (Director and Staff Services)
- 154.0 positions
- Five facilities with a maximum number of 433 detainees:
▶ Two penal institutions for the enforcement of custodial sentences in prison with a maximum of 117 detainees
▶ The airport detention facility
- The Division for the enforcement of custodial sentences with a maximum of 108 detainees
- The Division for detention pending deportation with a maximum of 106 detainees
▶ The Correctional Facility Bachtel for day-release and for alternative custodial sentences with a maximum of 64 detainees.
▶ The semi-detention of Winterthur with a maximum of 38 detainees